This decade has brought much success to the Old Lady. Juventini have been blessed with many talented players and some very entertaining football. This list takes a look at the top 5 Midfielders to have played for Juventus during this era of success.
5. Miralem Pjanic - Central Midfield (Regista) - Fee 32 Million Euros - 2016-2020 7 Trophies - 3 Serie A Team of the Season, 1 UCL Team of the Season
Alessandro Sabattini / Freelancer
The Bosnian made the switch from Roma to Juve and he fit right in from the start. He was known as the pianist, the way he dictated games from a deep-lying playmaker role. Mira scored many free kicks and was a very elegant player during his time with the club. He was a Champions League Finalist in his first year. It was also extremely nice to learn that he was a player that we swapped for Arthur Melo. Bravo Brate
4. Arturo Vidal - Central Midfield (Box to Box) - Fee 12.5 Million Euros 2011-2015 7 trophies - 2 Serie A Team of the Season, 1 Juventus Player of the Year
Pier Marco Tacca / Freelancer
I remember watching the Chilean first break out as a young stud in the 2007 U20 World Cup here in Canada. He was immense all tournament and in 2011 when he came for a cheap price from Bauer Leverkusen I was happy. He didn’t disappoint while playing in black and white. He was a timely goal scorer and brought that Juve grinta every match he played in. Vidal always played with an edge but he balanced out an MVP midfield that played like a well-oiled machine. It was a shame he left in the manner he did. Gracias Arturo.
3. Paul Pogba - Central Midfield (Box to Box) - Fee Free - 2012-2016 8 Trophies - 3 Serie A Team of the Season, 1 UEFA Team of the Year, 1 Golden Boy
Marco Luzzani / Freelancer
I am paraphrasing the great Gigi Buffon, ‘We really got this guy for free?’ I think everyone in world football was asking that once Pogba started making it into the first XI for Juventus. From scoring absolute stunning goals to making tough tackles and to creating something out of nothing, Paul’s years at Juve were quite breathtaking. He carried the team’s midfield after Vidal and Pirlo left and created a formidable bond with Paulo Dybala. He was a dynamic football player for Juventus. Merci Paul!
2. Claudio Marchisio - Central Midield (Box to Box) - Fee Youth Player - 2005-2018 15 Trophies - 2 Serie A Team of the Season, 1 UCL Team of the Season
NurPhoto / Contributor
Claudio Marchisio was a fan favorite and for good reason. He started his career with Juve and stayed almost until the very end with a brief stint at Zenit and a loan spell at Empoli. Throughout his time at Juve, he was one of the main reasons they became serial winners. The Italian was always up for a big game whether it was against Inter or a big Champions League match. The man was super reliable and it is a shame knee injury ruined the latter part of his career. Claudio was the ultimate gentleman and carried himself on the pitch with elegance and class. Forza Claudio!
1. Andrea Pirlo - Central Midifeld (Regista) - Fee Free - 2011-2015 7 Trophies - 4 Serie A Team of the Season, 3 Serie A Player of the Season, 1 UEL Team of the Season, 1 UCL team of the Season
Valerio Pennicino / Contributor
The man currently coaching us is my pick for the best Juventus midfielder of the decade. He was brought in for free from rivals Milan because they thought he was finished. Boy did the Maestro have something to prove? Every year he played for Juve, he made the team of the season and won player of the year 3 times in those 4 years. This man oozed class and elegance on the pitch and off it. From scoring 90th-minute wonder goals against rivals Torino to scoring majestic free kicks, Pirlo, and his beard made Juve a juggernaut once again. He helped rejuvenate a sleeping giant. Grazie Mister!
Do you agree? Let us know what you think!